Slots: Institutions may submit only one Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award nomination annually. Renominations are accepted.
Internal Deadline: Friday, October 6, 2023
External Deadline: February 1, 2024
Award Type: Grant
Anticipated Amount: $100,000
Who May Serve as PI:
The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program is open to faculty who meet all of the following criteria:
- From academic institutions in the States, Districts, and Territories of the United States of America that grant a bachelor’s or higher degree in the chemical sciences, including chemistry, biochemistry, materials chemistry, and chemical engineering.
- Hold a full-time tenure-track academic appointment focused on the chemical sciences.
- Normally expected to have been appointed no earlier than mid-year 2018.
- From Ph.D. granting departments in which scholarly research is a principal activity and undergraduate education is an important component.
Process for Limited Submissions
Please use the red button that says ‘Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award‘ on our link to the Research Initiatives and Infrastructure (RII) Application Portal: https://rii.usc.edu/oor-portal/. Use the template provided here: RII Limited Submission Applicant Template.
Materials to submit include:
- (1) Two-Page Proposal Summary (1” margins; single-spaced; standard font type, e.g. Arial, Helvetica, Times New Roman, or Georgia typeface; font size: 11 pt). Page limit includes references and illustrations. Pages that exceed the 2-page limit will be excluded from review. You must use the template linked above.
- (2) CV – (5 pages maximum)
Note: The portal requires information about the PIs in addition to department and contact information, including the 10-digit USC ID#, Gender, and Ethnicity. Please have this material prepared before beginning this application.
The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program supports the research and teaching careers of talented early career faculty in the chemical sciences. The Award, which requires an institutional nomination, is based on an independent body of scholarship attained in the early years of their appointment (see below), and a demonstrated commitment to education, signaling the promise of continuing outstanding contributions to both research and teaching. The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award provides an unrestricted research grant of $100,000.
Guidelines for Use of Funds
- The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award provides a $100,000 unrestricted research grant to the Awardee.
- Of the total amount, $7,500 may be allocated for departmental expenses associated with research and education.
- Charges associated with indirect costs or institutional overhead are not allowed.
- Defrayal of academic-year salary is not permitted. Summer salary is allowed.
- Funds are normally expended over a period of five years.
- If the awardee leaves the institution, the transfer of the remaining funds requires prior Foundation approval.
Visit our Institutionally Limited Submission webpage for more updates and other announcements.