Internal Deadline: Closed.
LOI: March 31, 2023 – one-page Letter of Intent and CV due to email@example.com.
External Deadline: July 21, 2023, midnight EDT
Award Type: Grant
Anticipated Award Amount: 1 year grant for $100,000. Indirect costs, which are included in the $100,000 award, must be limited to 8% of total direct costs.
Who May Serve as PI: Breast Cancer Alliance invites clinical doctors and research scientists at any stage of their careers, including post docs, whose current proposal is focused on breast cancer, to apply for an Exceptional Project Grant.
Link to Award: https://breastcanceralliance.org/how-to-apply (top of the page)
Process for Limited Submissions
PIs must submit their application as a Limited Submission through the Research Initiatives and Infrastructure (RII) Application Portal: https://rii.usc.edu/oor-portal/.
Materials to submit include:
- (1) Single Page Proposal Summary (0.5” margins; single-spaced; font type: Arial, Helvetica, or Georgia typeface; font size: 11 pt). Page limit includes references and illustrations. Pages that exceed the 1-page limit will be excluded from review.
- (2) CV – (5 pages maximum)
Note: The portal requires information about the PIs and Co-PIs in addition to department and contact information, including the 10-digit USC ID#, Gender, and Ethnicity. Please have this material prepared before beginning this application.
The mission of Breast Cancer Alliance is to improve survival rates and quality of life for those impacted by breast cancer through better prevention, early detection, treatment and cure. To promote these goals, we invest in innovative research, breast surgery fellowships, regional education, dignified support and screening for the underserved.
To accomplish this, Breast Cancer Alliance:
- Funds a diversified portfolio of breast cancer research
- Funds Breast Surgery Fellowship programs
- Funds the purchase of equipment for research
- Provides timely information on breast health and the importance of early detection
- Supports outreach and case managerial services, education, counseling and mammograms for underserved and underinsured women in mid to southern Connecticut and Westchester County, New York
To encourage a commitment to breast cancer research, Breast Cancer Alliance invites clinical doctors and research scientists, including post-docs, whose primary focus is breast cancer research and who are at any stage of their careers, to apply for funding for the Exceptional Project Grant. This grant is open to applicants at institutions within the United States.
Visit our Institutionally Limited Submission webpage for more updates and other announcements.