Internal Deadline: February 17, 2023, 5pm PT
LOI: March 31, 2023 (one-page Letter of Intent and CV emailed to email@example.com)
External Deadline: July 21, 2023, on or before midnight EDT
Award Type: Grant
Anticipated Award Amount: This is a two-year grant for a total of $125,000, with half the grant award being paid out each year. Indirect costs, which are included in the $125,000 award, must be limited to 8% of total direct costs.
Who May Serve as PI: Applicants for the 2024 award must (i) not have held a tenure track faculty or tenure track research position for more than four years following completion of their training, as of March 1, 2024; (ii) not have been a principal investigator on an NIH R01 or equivalent national/international non-mentored award; and (iii) dedicate at least 50% of their work effort to research. This grant is intended to help advance the careers of young researchers who do not yet have their own major grant support but who design and conduct their own independent research projects.
Link to Award: https://breastcanceralliance.org/how-to-apply (middle of page)
Process for Limited Submissions
PIs must submit their application as a Limited Submission through the Research Initiatives and Infrastructure (RII) Application Portal: https://rii.usc.edu/oor-portal/.
Materials to submit include:
- (1) Single Page Proposal Summary (0.5” margins; single-spaced; font type: Arial, Helvetica, or Georgia typeface; font size: 11 pt). Page limit includes references and illustrations. Pages that exceed the 1-page limit will be excluded from review.
- (2) CV – (5 pages maximum)
Note: The portal requires information about the PIs and Co-PIs in addition to department and contact information, including the 10-digit USC ID#, Gender, and Ethnicity. Please have this material prepared before beginning this application.
To encourage a commitment to breast cancer research, Breast Cancer Alliance invites clinical doctors and research scientists who are in the early stages of their careers, including post docs, whose current proposal is focused on breast cancer, to apply for funding for the Young Investigator Grant. This grant is open to applicants at institutions throughout the contiguous United States.
The mission of Breast Cancer Alliance is to improve survival rates and quality of life for those impacted by breast cancer through better prevention, early detection, treatment and cure. To promote these goals, we invest in innovative research, breast surgery fellowships, regional education, dignified support and screening for the underserved.
To accomplish this, the Breast Cancer Alliance:
- Funds a diversified portfolio of breast cancer research
- Funds Breast Surgery Fellowship programs
- Funds the purchase of equipment for research
- Provides timely information on breast health and the importance of early detection
- Supports outreach and case managerial services, education, counseling, and mammograms for underserved and underinsured women in mid to southern Connecticut and Westchester County, New York
Visit our Institutionally Limited Submission webpage for more updates and other announcements.