Slots: As per Agilent: “we typically receive only one candidate application per university each year. Of course, if your university is so fortunate as to have two world-leading early career professors working on research relevant to the current Focus Topic, we would gladly accept both applications.”
Internal Deadline: Friday, January 5, 2024, 5pm PT
External Deadline: February 23, 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Award Type: Grant
Anticipated Award Amount: An unrestricted research award of $120,000 to be distributed in 2 years to university in the professor’s name. (Option to use all or part of award to obtain Agilent products at 50% discount; option to accelerate payments to facilitate procurement of equipment with list price over $120,000).
Who May Serve as PI:
- Professor must hold a tenure-tracked faculty position
- Must have completed Ph.D. or M.D. residency within 12 years of award year
(additional extensions may apply, please see FAQ)
Link to Award: https://www.agilent.com/univ_relation/profaward/index.shtml
Process for Limited Submissions
PIs must submit their application as a Limited Submission through the Research Initiatives and Infrastructure (RII) Application Portal: https://rii.usc.edu/oor-portal/. Use the template provided here: RII Limited Submission Applicant Template
Materials to submit include:
- (1) Two-Page Proposal Summary (1” margins; single-spaced; standard font type, e.g. Arial, Helvetica, Times New Roman, or Georgia typeface; font size: 11 pt). Page limit includes references and illustrations. Pages that exceed the 2-page limit will be excluded from review. You must use the template linked above.
- (2) CV – (5 pages maximum)
Note: The portal requires information about the PIs in addition to department and contact information, including the 10-digit USC ID#, Gender, and Ethnicity. Please have this material prepared before beginning this application.
- To promote and encourage research excellence on topics of importance to Agilent and the world
- To establish strong collaborative relationships with emerging academic leaders early in their career
- To build the prominence of Agilent as a sponsor of university research
- Alignment with the Focus Topic: Contributions to environmental sustainability through development of green analytical technologies, methods, or laboratory working environments.
- Significant original research contributions enabling solutions of importance to Agilent and the world
(ref: sustainable lab solutions; my green lab)
- Innovation and outstanding potential for future research contributions
Visit our Institutionally Limited Submission webpage for more updates and other announcements.