Slots: As per Agilent: “We invite many top universities to nominate one candidate. Of course, if your university is so fortunate as to have two world-leading early career professors in the area of this call, please do nominate both.”
Internal Deadline: Contact RII.
External Deadline: February 24, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Award Type: Grant
Anticipated Award Amount: An unrestricted research award of $120,000 to be distributed in 2 years to university in the professor’s name. (Option to use all or part of award to obtain Agilent products at 50% discount; option to accelerate payments to facilitate procurement of equipment with list price over $120,000).
Who May Serve as PI:
- Professor must hold a tenure-tracked faculty position
- Must have completed Ph.D. or M.D. residency within 12 years of award year
(additional extensions may apply, please see FAQ)
Link to Award: https://www.agilent.com/univ_relation/profaward/index.shtml
Process for Limited Submissions
PIs must submit their application as a Limited Submission through the Office of Research Application Portal: https://rii.usc.edu/oor-portal/.
Materials to submit include:
- (1) Single Page Proposal Summary (0.5” margins; single-spaced; font type: Arial, Helvetica, or Georgia typeface; font size: 11 pt). Page limit includes references and illustrations. Pages that exceed the 1-page limit will be excluded from review.
- (2) CV – (5 pages maximum)
Note: The portal requires information about the PIs and Co-PIs in addition to department and contact information, including the 10-digit USC ID#, Gender, and Ethnicity. Please have this material prepared before beginning this application.
The purpose of the Agilent Early Career Professor Award is to:
- Promote and encourage excellent research enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Establish strong collaborative relationships between Agilent researchers and leading professors early in their career
- Build the prominence of Agilent as a sponsor of university research
- Significant original research contributions enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Outstanding potential for future research
- Professor completed Ph.D. (residency in case of M.D.’s or M.D. Ph.D’s) not earlier than January 2012. See FAQ
- Alignment with the 2022 Focus: Contributions to the development of live cell analytical tools to identify and measure novel critical quality attributes (CQA) to advance biomanufacturing applications.
Visit our Institutionally Limited Submission webpage for more updates and other announcements.